The Parade of Homes Spring 2022 is upon us! It started last weekend and goes through April 10th. Many people are not even aware when the Parade of Homes is in progress or feel that it doesn’t affect them as they are not building a home. I believe there are so many reasons to attend and here are a few:
If You Are Selling Your House:
1) The Parade models will give you a great example of how your home should look. Not that you have a new construction home to show off but pay attention to what they have and more importantly what they do not have.
2) Look to see how the beds are made, what they have on counter tops? How many accessories are you seeing?
If You Are Renovating Your Home:
1) These homes bring a wealth of information right to your finger tips for you to see live and you don’t have to imagine what it will look like. How are wood tones being mixed? How about metals…do they all match or are they also being mixed?
2) If you are making updates to your home prior to selling pay attention to what are in these new construction homes as they have their ears to the ground of what is not only on trend but what buyers are looking for. Look at the light fixtures if you are replacing yours, look at the color of the wood floors if you are refinishing yours. So much information in this homes!
3) Touch and feel the selections, the tile, the counter tops, see the colors.
If You Are Re-Decorating Your Home:
1) What a perfect place to get decorating ideas! From artwork, nick-knacks all the way to large pieces of furniture.
2) Check out how the furniture is positioned. Many people think all furniture needs to touch the walls but look to see if furniture is being floated in the room, away from walls. How is this working and how does it affect the coziness of the room?
So many take-aways from attending The Parade of Homes but a really good reason to visit the Parade of Homes is to dream and have FUN!! Check out Parade #295, #314, and #316 as we were blessed to be able to stage those homes! Every Thursday – Sunday Noon-6:00 PM through April 10th.