Need a quick snack recipe and I mean quick? Plus it is yummy!!
I made these for my Christmas plates but they would be fabulous for a New Year’s Party, Super Bowl Party or anytime during the year.
It is such a nice surprise when you think you are biting into a regular pretzel and then find the taste of cinnamon and sugar! Delicious.
Put them in a Decorative Tin and they would make a wonderful Hostess Gift as well.
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 pound package small pretzel twists
1. In a large roasting pan stir together oil, sugar and cinnamon. Add pretzels; toss well to combine. Bake, uncovered in a 300 degree F oven for 30 minutes, stirring twice. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Makes 12 cups.
2. In a very large bowl stir together oil, sugar and cinnamon. Add pretzels; toss well to combine. Place half of the pretzel mixture in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 3 minutes, stirring after every minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Repeat with remaining pretzel mixture.
In reading the reviews of this recipe a couple complaints were that the sugar wasn’t sticking to the pretzel. To make sure the pretzels were well coated this is what I did. (I used the oven, not the microwave).
A couple hints of what I did:
1) I used Rold Gold Mini Pretzels as they are a little fatter. (I made one batch with the thinner ones and not as good).
2) I doubled the oil, sugar and cinnamon for 1 pound of pretzels to make the coating thicker.
3) I put the coating in a bowl, poured in 1/2 the pretzels and stirred them until well coated. I used tongs to place them on the pan. Then I repeated the process. Any additional coating remaining in the bowl I poured over the pretzels in the pan. I also set the timer at 10 minute intervals to stir them thoroughly to keep them coated. I had no problems and the thicker coating was the best!!
I cannot stress enough how easy this recipe is and how good they are!! I hope you make them for yourself if nothing else. Enjoy!