On my last blog post I gave a list of some Inexpensive Curb Appeal Tips. There are some improvements that you will need to make to your home, whether living or staying that will have huge impact and still be reasonable.
1) Replace Exterior Light Fixtures: If the fixtures are tarnished, faded or bright brass it is time to replace them. You may even consider increasing the size of the fixture. All too often I see very small tiny light fixtures on large homes. Make a statement!!
2) Replace or Update Shutters: I am needing to replace mine soon too! Over time they begin to fade and the color that was chosen in the 90s may not be the best color now. A more updated style may be a nice upgrade as well.
3) Replace Front Door: In my “Inexpensive Upgrade” post I listed painting the front door but at times that just won’t cut it. The entire door may need to be replaced if it is rusted, dented or broken.
4) Top Coat or Re-Asphalt your Driveway: If you are able to do this yourself it is not much of an investment at all. Even hiring it done doesn’t cost much and sets a beautiful tone for your home.
5) Add bushes or a perennial garden in the front yard: Nothing catches the eye more than flowers and greenery. If your home is lacking in pizazz this is the best way to add it for not a lot of cash. Watch for a time when flowers and shrubs go on sale.
If you missed my last post on Inexpensive Curb Appeal Tips check that out and next time I will discuss big ticket improvements that may need to be made for in order for your Curb to Appeal!!
Shar Sitter, owner Rooms With Style Home Staging and Redesign Minneapolis MN.
CHSE and APSD Home Stager Pro Trainer