Here are some Home Staging Statistics you will love, just in time for Valentines Day!
In the most recent study of 634 homes (both vacant and occupied), done by the Real Estate Staging Association, they found that:
- Un-staged homes spent an average of 107 days on the market.
- After staging, these homes sold on average in 25 days.
- Homeowners had their home on the market an average of 132 days before calling a Home Stager.
- Homes that were staged prior to going on the market sold on average in 18 days.
- Homes that were staged first, spent 86% less time on market.
Let’s do some math on the difference of having your home on the market 132 days versus 18 days.
In this example let’s assume you have a house payment of $2500 including real estate taxes and insurance, and your utilities are $300 per month. Take the total of $2800 and divide it by 30 days in a month. ($93.33 per day carrying costs).
Multiple that by the 114 less days on the market (132 – 18) when your home is staged.
And what do you come up with as savings??? (114 days x $93.33 per day).
That is only considering the basic of carrying costs. Not maintenance, yard care, security systems, etc. The moral of this story is STAGE YOUR HOME BEFORE YOU PUT IT ON THE MARKET. DON’T WAIT!