When I was in Florida over the holidays I went to a cocktail party and someone had brought firecrackers. Not the burst in the sky kind and not the party favor kind that you pull and a prize pops out.
These firecrackers are a snack made with saltine crackers and are also known as Alabama Firecrackers. I had never heard of them and I love trying new things.
I was warned to stay away from the plate of firecrackers unless I liked spicy food. Well I love spicy food so I was all in.
The thing is, I didn’t think they were that hot. My husband doesn’t like real spicy food and he was okay with them in small doses. I on the other hand could have emptied the entire plate but people were watching.
They are easy to make and are perfect anytime of the year but they would make a great snack for Super Bowl parties. (Come on Vikings…..you gotta get there this year!!)
1 lb Saltine Crackers (I only used 3 sleeves of the crackers instead of all 4)
1 cup Vegetable Oil (I used Olive Oil)
1 (1 oz) pkg dry Ranch Dressing Mix
1/4 cup Red Pepper Flakes
2 tbsp. Garlic Powder
3 tbsp. grated Parmesan Cheese
Here’s what you do:
1. Place crackers on a cookie sheet in single layer.
2. Blend the oil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Brush the mixture over the Saltines until the crackers are coated.
4. Bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
5. Remove from oven and place the crackers on paper towels to cool.
5. Cool completely, then place in air tight container for storage.
Let’s just say. I have eaten these for breakfast, lunch, mid-day snack, dinner and a bedtime snack. 🙂 ENJOY!