First I want to say this is not my recipe. It is by Cakes Cottage and I found it on the internet but boy oh boy is it good!
Even better there is no baking so it’s perfect for summer, it is light which is also perfect for summer, and it is red, white and blue which is perfect for summer 4th of July celebrations!
I made this for my book club this past week because my book selection was based at West Point and I had a Patriotic theme. It was a beautiful summer night so this light dessert was perfect and looked so pretty.
One warning: you can eat the whole pan! Seriously!! The creamy sweetness offset by the fresh fruit just makes it too yummy to stop.
My pieces didn’t sit up pretty like this, they were softer and less formed but I used a bit smaller pan so the layers may have been thicker. It really didn’t matter though as it got devoured quickly.
Here you go:
NO BAKE SUMMER BERRY ICEBOX CAKE
19 oz graham crackers
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 (3.4 oz) packages Vanilla Instant Pudding 2-1/2 cups cold milk
12 oz Cool whip (or homemade whipped cream) 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
2 oz white chocolate chips
- Beat cream cheese and dry pudding mixes in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Gradually beat in milk.
- Gently stir in Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream, reserving 1⁄2 cup.
- Spread a thin layer of cool whip in a 9×13 pan just to coat the bottom.
- Layer 5 graham crackers across the center of the pan, then 2 more, breaking them as needed to fit around the top and bottom edges.
- Spread a layer of pudding mixture over grahams and top with a layer of blueberries and sliced strawberries.
- Place graham crackers on top of berries, then pudding mixture, then layer of berries again.
- Repeat the graham-pudding-berries layers 1 more time (3 times total) and you should reach the top of thepan.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely.
- When ready to serve, melt white chocolate chips in a bowl as directed on package and drizzle over dessert.
- You can use a spoon to drizzle it over the tops of the berries or you can put it into a small zip-top bag and snip of the corner for an easy “piping bag.” Recipe by Cakescottage at https://cakescottage.com/2016/05/11/no-bake-summer-berry-icebox-cake/